Always leave room for Desserts.


My love and lust for desserts started when I was a child and was greatly influenced by my mother. Whenever she baked a cake, I would stand next to her and place my nose near the cake mixture; inhaling the tang of the butter and sugar mixture as much as I could before she added in the eggs and flour. When the cake was ready; I would always be the first one stood by the table impatiently, convincing my mother to cut a slice. 

Next to that, one of the very first few desserts I enjoyed was the colourful jelly Mooncakes. I remembered walking into the kitchen after school, looking at my mother pouring hot jelly mixtures into various shaped moulds. The kitchen bench were filled with bottles of food colouring, moulds, ingredients and all the utilities she would use. I would pick up things that caught my eyes and would ask so many questions until she had to chase me out of the kitchen just to avoid me messing around. 

Since moving to Perth and obtaining a driver’s license, I often drive around town searching for sweets and desserts. Google and Urbanspoon contributed to my findings by providing details and reviews on the cafes and restaurants. I love having desserts in new places as I find it exciting and I get to experience a little place with a different atmosphere and of course, a different menu.

I chose to blog about desserts because it’s what I tend to look forward to every time I eat out. I have a habit of scanning through the entree, main and side dishes and take more time to read and explore the dessert section in the menu. When the waiter/ waitress come to take our order, I will have to look at the mains and make a quick decision.
As Perth offers a variety of cuisine, my 'dessert-hunting' journey will be a never ending one. This little place will be where I will constantly share and write about everything sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment