Yummy enough?

Have you ever felt like having something sweet in the middle of the day and would open the fridge, looked for 5 seconds and find that there’s nothing you would love to eat? You would then close the fridge and continue what you’re doing. Minutes later, you would repeat the opening and closing fridge process again for a few times until you find something to eat? If that doesn't happen to you, well then; that’s what I do most of the times and I ended up eating something different every day.

A cuppa with either three little petite pastries or a slice of chocolate cake on a Sunday afternoon is one of the moments in life that I enjoy most. Especially when accompanied with my family or close friends. Honestly, I prefer sitting down nibbling on food rather than shopping (Not that I don’t like to shop) as I personally think that I communicate better this way. In my native language, we call it ‘Yum Cha’ which means ‘Drink Tea’.

Ohhh! I munch on cookies or nuts every time I watch MasterChef. (So that I don't feel hungry?)

If the above applies to you, you should continue reading. 

Since I actively seek quality desserts (they don’t have to be expensive) and sometimes, make my own desserts. I will be recommending my favourite desserts and discoveries so that you know where to go and what to order. To those who prefer to enjoy the process of making your own desserts (measuring ingredients and mixing them up), I will be sharing recipes that I tried and found useful from books and websites. 

I am aware that there are hundreds (maybe more) of dessert/ food blogs out there but this blog is different because it’s based in Perth, Western Australia and it introduces Perth’s multicultural cuisine to the world. I do not have to fly all the way to Paris for macarons, I do not have to wait for summer break to fly home for all the street food because Perth offers most of these just a stone throw away.

It doesn’t matter whether you are interested in baking, mastering the art of baking or purely searching for places to enjoy these delicacies. (I am not a professional food critic or a professional baker). All I want to do is share my knowledge and experience that revolves around this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment